Oh lipsticks – one of my favourite things ever in regards to make-up. If someone asked me to just pick three make-up products to live with the rest of my life it would have to be foundation, mascara and lipstick. The basics – but powerful ones at that. I just love the transformative power of a lipstick. People talk about make-up being transformative and nothing is as transformative as a lipstick. I’ve tried a fair few lipsticks in my day and have put together a top ten list featuring some of my favourite lipsticks of the moment. So – shall we?
1. Illamasqua Lava Lips in Activist– OMG. Is this not the prettiest lipstick ever? I just want to stare at it. It reminds me of the lava lamps of the 90s (yes I had one). This one wins pretty points and the formula is oh so creamy, high pigment. Also by Illamasqua coming in for the win is the Lip Lure in Orchid and Nebulus – OMG. Again. Illamasqua have an amazing array of lipstick. These are creamy, semi-glossy beauties which glide on like silk and last forever. Orchid is a deep purple and a total show stopper. Nebulus is just wow. This is actually a deep, dark green colour that almost looks black. I chose this colour because I felt daring and also knew that Halloween was coming up. But don’t wait until Halloween to wear this one! This is one of those sexy goth lipsticks that will. get. the. looks.
2. Smashbox Always On Matte Liquid Lipstick – Kylie Jenner move aside. These lipsticks are give some serious matte colour payoff with amazing pigment and really just don’t want to come off your lips. And you don’t want them to. These lipsticks are water-resistant and just simply stay put. If you need lipstick with staying power then these are your guys. I’ve got In Demand and Bang-Bang.
Also on my list are the Smashbox Be Legendary Lipsticks (below). I am obsessed with Tabloid which is a vibrant purple cream lipstick – and who wouldn’t want to rock this?
3. Vincent Longo Lip & Cheek Stain – if you want a pretty, natural stain then this one is pretty perfect. And it works on your cheeks as well so it’s a great handbag hero. The colour lasts for ages and gives you that nice natural, freshly-bitten lips kind of look. I love a stain for it’s sheer beauty and this is a keeper.
4. Elizabeth Arden Beautiful Color Bold Liquid Lipstick – I’m giving this EA lipstick points for being hydrating and moisturising. I’ve got the colours Daring Beige and Pink Lover which are lovely for everyday. This lipstick gives quite a good pigment and is a hybrid lipstick/lip gloss – the best of both worlds don’t you think? I like the soft tip applicator as well – it feels really lovely to apply. Ease of application and hydrating? Sign me up.
5. Surratt Prismatique Lips Lipstick in Glitterati – Okay, points here for the name. The name of this Surratt Beauty Glitterati Prismatique Lips lipstick immediately got my attention and I had been wanting to try something from Surratt for a long time. Surratt is quite a niche, luxury brand and points for this one are also because the lipstick contains actual glitter. Okay more like multi-coloured pearl and violet sparkle but still – glitter! The great thing is that although it sounds intense it isn’t. It’s a great everyday lipstick with berry tones and it gives a really fresh, shiny berry look to the lips. A great all-rounder.
6. Pixi Liplift Max – this Pixi lip product gets points for being a lip plumper. Most of us would like to have fuller lips. Some of us (not me) have been blessed with naturally fuller lips but if you aren’t you may need some help in this area. This is a gloss so you can put this over a lipstick or wear it on it’s own. Easy peasy! It contains peptides that hydrate, firm and plump – every girls dream. Tastes minty fresh too.
7. Zelens Lip Glaze – This one wins points for being created by Dr. Mark Lens who knows what he is doing. All of his make-up is actually skincare simply disguised as make-up. So anything that you put on your face is good stuff and is doing good things essentially. The Zelens Lip Glaze is a volume-boosting lip glaze but also has colour so you can plump and colour and treat all at the same time! It helps build collagen and the formula is super glossy. Love, love, love. I have the colours Rose, Pink and Coral.
8. Paul and Joe Lipstick CS – this lipstick wins for prettiest packaging. If you haven’t tried Paul & Joe their products are just so pretty to look at with lovely illustrations. The lipstick itself also has a flower imprint on it for added prettiness and the colour is one I love – it’s a pretty berry colour perfect for autumn. You can also keep the pretty packaging and just refill the lipstick. Good for the environment too!
9. By Terry Rouge Expert Click Stick – because I love the By Terry Light Expert Click Brush I would just naturally love the By Terry Rouge Expert Click Stick no? Also every time I post a picture on Instagram Terry herself likes it. And I like that. This lipstick wins for design and application. It’s really pointy so that it makes applying around your cupid’s bow easy. It’s angles make it easy to give your lips angles and definition. Another win By Terry. And yes, this one is going on Instagram.
10. Stila Stay All Day Matte’ficent Lipstick with Stila Stay All Day Lip Liner – This lipstick wins for colour. The colour is Cabernet and yes, it reminds me of my favourite drink. This one also gets extra points because it wears really, really well. It stays put, it’s matte and looks super elegant and classy. This colour would suit pretty much anyone I think and honestly I’m so glad I have both the lipstick and the lip liner to go together because they are a match made in heaven!
What are your favourite lipsticks?
Don’t forget to follow me on Instagram/Twitter/SC @beautyrocksblog for all my latest adventures!
Shop the post here![show_shopthepost_widget id=”2032723″]